Thursday, March 08, 2007

Monster Market

This past Monday I skipped work to take part in the very first Monster Market held at Sunnyside Preschool in Studio City. I know half the country is blanketed in snow right now, but around here it's getting downright hot in the afternoon. Still, it was so nice to be outside hanging out with other crafters all day. Here was my space.



and me in it:

I finally got to use my giant wall that I got at a yard sale this summer for 10 bucks. It's originally intended for use at trade shows and retails for a few thousand dollars new. Score! It only took a minute to put up and served as a very handy monster, purse, and pillow display. Check it:


There was music and dancing:



And shopping and (my personal favorite) trading. I traded a kokoleo embellished t-shirt for a monkey bead bracelet for Sage from Orit Harpaz Designs, and a kokoleo wristlet and ring for a stylin' belt for Sage from Eeny Meanie. The owner of Eeny Meanie, Denise Love, was also the organizer of the event. Great job, Denise! Here's her booth:


The next one is June 4th and since school will be finishing up around then, I don't know if I'll be able to participate. If you're in the area though, check it out!

6 comments:

textile_fetish said...

First off, I'm always so wowed by your display prowess. Secondly, that looks like my DREAM craft show, anad thirdly, we're going to Disneyland in two days. We'll be breathing almost your same air!!

Anonymous said...

Hi KB!
Thanks so much for the awesome post about the market! It was so awesome having you there, and super great to meet you...

if anyone you know wants to be a vendor at the market or wants more info about it....here's the link to the website:
www.eenymeanie.com/monstermarket

thanks again!
~Denise

Anonymous said...

duh!
now I see you have a link in your post....

~Denise

KB said...

Yes, anyone interested - contact Denise. And wear sunscreen!

Jennifer - Have fun at Disneyland! Next time schedule your vacation around an L.A. craft show like this one or Felt Club!

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

We played at the Monster Market and had such a good time. We loved all the crafts but most of all the nice and talented people we met. Denise is such a sweetheart and we love Melissa's music and we are excited to play the next one.

Love,

The SqueeGees

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...