Monday, October 15, 2007

Made by Monday - Bags!

I was on a bag-making kick this weekend. It started with this:


I got the needlepoint piece on Friday and immediately brought it home and started making a purse around it. That inspired me to get out a bunch of other needlepoint pieces I'd been holding on to and finally turn those into bags as well. Next came this:


then this:


I don't know why I have such an affinity for other people's needlepoint. It makes me sad to see it in thrift stores. Someone spent hours and hours meticulously stitching these things, then somewhere along the line decided they didn't want them anymore. They look so forlorn in their frames, if they even have frames at all. I feel it's my duty to rescue them and give them a proper showcase in a whole new form. Plus, I like how they look hanging around my studio.

One more bag before I go. I made this today from a vintage cloth napkin:

2 comments:

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

Unknown said...

have a peek at this web-sitecheck a fantastic readVisit Your URL Homepagewebsites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...