Sunday, November 04, 2007

#2

twice in one day. Wow! That's just to keep my readers (all three of you) on your toes.

So, another weekend came and went. I would have blogged all about it but really, do you want to see pictures of our trip to Home Depot? Plus, my camera is dying. I don't know how much longer it has for this world. The little automatic lens cap thingie keeps getting stuck and you have to pry it open with your fingers which inevitably touch the lens and make for smeary pictures. Poor McKenna. There will be no record of her infancy. Poor kokoleo. What good is an online business if you have no pictures of your product? You never realize how much you rely on something until it stops working for you.

My sewing machines are next. They're all in need of a tune-up. Trouble is, I can't afford to be without them for a couple weeks. I keep putting it off and putting it off but then I worry that I might be killing them in the meantime. I killed a few in college by sewing things like cardboard, vinyl, painted canvas, and denim all together. Every sewing machine repair person I've ever seen has asked something to the effect of, "What have you been doing to this thing?" because their innards (the machine's, not the repair person's) are often encrusted with fake fur, lint, broken needles, loose screws, etc.

The washing machine wants to join in on the breakdown fun too. It makes a loud chugga-chugga sound and shakes the whole house. Let's see, what else? The handle falls off the stove sometimes and then the door gets stuck in the locked position. The refrigerator freezes anything in the vegetable drawer. The vacuum cleaner's cord is all chewed up and covered in electrical tape. My computer screen (an ancient gigantic thing from the early 90s) randomly goes blue on me sometimes.

I'm not complaining though. I keep telling myself to be thankful that at least I have these things. Some people don't. Or some people did but they lost everything to a flood or fire. Noisy laundry and frozen celery isn't all that bad in comparison.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ugh, I totally sympathize with not being able to take your sewing machine in b/c you need it! Ended up buying a cheap one just to hold me over during tune ups.

Of course, I don't know what I'll do when both need to be taken in at the same time!

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...